SOUL SEAL MINIMUM ADVERTISED PRICE POLICY—EFFECTIVE 11-1-2018
In order to build and maintain integrity for Soul Seal’s brand equity by emphasizing the value and quality of Soul Seal’s products through advertising and marketing, Soul Seal has established a Minimum Advertised Price (MAP) Policy that an authorized reseller must follow for the advertising and marketing of all Soul Seal products. All Soul Seal authorized resellers must agree to the terms and conditions of the following MAP Policy.
MAP POLICY STATEMENT
Soul Seal, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to discontinue doing business with any reseller that advertises any product(s) covered by this MAP policy at a price lower than the MAP.
- The products covered by this policy are listed in Section Labeled “MAP PRICING.”
- Soul Seal may in its sole discretion modify this list from time to time.
- The MAP policy applies to advertised prices, not the price at which MAP products are actually sold or offered for sale to an individual in-store or over the telephone.
- Soul Seal believes in maintaining a well-regulated and fair marketplace for all its authorized resellers.
Latest & individual item pricing information.
|Yoga Mat Topper||Bandha Dark Blue||$99.95|
|Yoga Mat Topper||Buddah Blue||$99.95|
|Yoga Mat Topper||Guru Green||$99.95|
|Yoga Mat Topper||Mellow Mantra Yellow||$99.95|
|Yoga Mat Topper||Pilates Purple||$99.95|
|Yoga Mat Topper||Prana Pink||$99.95|
SOUL SEAL’S MAP POLICY GUIDELINES
Due to the popularity of some of our products, Soul Seal has taken a closer look at maintaining a level playing field for our branded resellers of products. We view the Internet like any other medium for advertising Soul Seal products. The same rules and violations that apply to print advertising also apply to resellers who use this electronic medium for advertising, price offering and/or order placement. To remain in compliance with new Minimum Advertised Price (MAP) guidelines, all advertised prices must be at, or above, the current suggested retail price as published by Soul Seal.
Because you, as the Reseller, can sell our products for any price you deem appropriate,Soul Seal does not believe that our MAP policy will restrain your ability to sell our products at a price that you deem profitable.
Soul Seal, offers numerous products bearing brand names that it distributes under its own trade names, and trademarks (collectively the “Trademarks”).
Authorized resellers may use the Trademarks including, “Soul Seal” or any similar marks or derivatives thereof, Product part numbers or any Copyrighted Material, in connection with any Product advertising, publication, catalog, web page, or other printed, audio, video, or electronic material as long as they adhere to the following requirements:
- No Trademarks or Copyrighted Material may be used in any advertisement, catalog, or publication, whether printed, audio, video, or electronic unless the price used is the suggested retail price as published by Soul Seal.
- Soul Seal also holds copyrights to the material in all of its catalogs and advertisements. In order to monitor the use of it trademarks, trade names, service marks and copyrightswhile allowing their valued resellers maximum flexibility in advertising and promotion, Soul Seal does not in any way restrict or limit the price at which a Reseller sells any of the products that it distributes. It does, however, enforce an Advertising Policy, which is intended to preserve the goodwill and market reproduction of Soul Seal and its trade names and Marks. No reseller may use any Soul Seal tradenames or Marks without the prior approval of Soul Seal, and any application for approval by a reseller will be handled promptly.
- To be sure that advertisements or publications comply with theSoul Seal Advertising Policy, the Reseller maysubmit the advertisement or other publication to Soul Seal for approval prior to printing and distribution. Please allow additional time when using Soul Seal Trademarks in advertisements and publications. These requests for approval can be submitted through your sales representative and will receive prompt attention.
Soul Seal will respond to this request within two (2) weeks.
All MAP pricing levels, and changes for regulatedSoul Seal products can be found at https://www.soulseal.com/map-policy/ All advertised prices must be at or above MAP for all listed products. Resellers are not required to list prices in advertising; however if a price is listed, it must be at or above MAP. Other statements such as “call for price” or “call for quote” are acceptable and permitted. Resellers are at liberty to offer special “deal specific” pricing on a case-by-case basis, as long as this isn’t publicly advertised. Resellers are responsible for ensuring their pricing is at or above MAP on Internet search engines.Soul Seal’s MAP policy for products applies to advertising placements, including but not limited to: print ads (inserts, magazines, newspapers, catalogs, mail order catalogs, etc.), broadcast (radio and TV), direct mail, faxes, internet placement with third parties (banner ads, broadcast emails, destination pages, third-party sites), internet placements on resellers own website, and any flyers, posters or coupons.
If you plan to listSoul Seal products on Amazon, Ebay or other E-Commerce channels, you must prove that you have a brick and mortar location and are offering Soul Seal products through other sales channels. Dealers must have permission from Soul Seal before listing items on Amazon/Ebay. All Soul Seal products listed on Amazon/Ebay must comply with the MAP Policy.
OTHER INTERNET SITE PRICING
Products that are below MAP may NOT appear in any online search tool (i.e., Google Shopper, Price Grabber, Next Tag, etc.) where the reseller website is linked as the source.
NOTE: Online sales and marketing strategies that result in advertised pricing below the MAP pricing thresholds are prohibited. In certain cases, the ‘add to cart’ or ‘click here to see our low price’ strategies will result in MAP violations. Google Checkout will advertise the last price paid for a product. Therefore, when Soul Seal’s products are sold at prices below MAP pricing thresholds, an advertising event is created to the next consumer because they see the product and the ‘last price sold’ without having to ‘add to cart.’ This type of inadvertent advertising is NOT PERMITTED and must be monitored by the Authorized Reseller or the Reseller risks losing the authorization to sell Soul Seal products.
Soul Seal’s MAP Policy does allow resellers to omit pricing entirely from advertisements and/or add statements such as “Call for Price” or “Call for Quote.” Statements such as ‘Add to Cart,’ ‘Add to Cart to See Price,’ ‘See Price in Cart,’ or ‘Click Here to See Our Low Price,’ are no longer acceptable within the Soul Seal MAP policy agreement.
PRICE MATCHING SOUL SEAL PRODUCTS
Price matching policies are acceptable; however, they cannot be used as a valid reason for violations of Soul Seal’s MAP Policy. Advertised price must always be at MAP or higher.
COMPLYING WITH THE MAP GUIDELINES
We try to keep the MAP guidelines as easy to understand and adhere to as possible. By following important points listed throughout this document, your advertising efforts will remain in compliance with the MAP program.
- If you choose to do so, you may leave out pricing information in your advertising and promotions altogether.
- If you choose to advertise prices for any Soul Seal products in your promotional efforts, the pricing for them must be at or above the current MAP listing.
- No discount images, “strike throughs”, “minus-outs” or words such as “subtract,” “take away,” “less,” may be used if it makes the price of the Soul Seal advertised product below MAP, either as an individual product or as part of a bundle. If a price is to be listed, it is listed only as a price at MAP.
FAILURE TO COMPLY
If a Reseller’s advertising material contains prices other than suggested retail prices and the advertising material was not pre-approved by Soul Seal the Advertising Policy will be enforced in the following manner.
At the discretion of Soul Seal, intentional and/or repeated failure to abide by Soul Seal’s MAP Policy can result in the loss of authorization status and your ability to order Soul Seal products at your current reseller price.
Reseller will receive a documented notice of violation (“Notice”) and will be given thirty (15) days to remove the offending print advertisements from publication and distribution and three (3) business days to remove any offending electronic advertisements from web pages or Internet sales sites.
Reseller will receive a Notice and will be placed on a non-ship basis for a period of thirty (30) days from the date of the Notice with regard to all products involved in the violation.
Reseller will receive a Notice and will be placed on a non-ship basis for a period of ninety (90) days from the date of the Notice with regard to all products involved in the violation.
Reseller will receive a Notice and will be placed on a non-ship basis indefinitely with regard to all products involved in the violation.
Soul Seal grants to its Resellers a revocable, non-exclusive, non-transferable worldwide license, for as long as the Reseller is selling products carrying a Soul Seal mark or trade name, to use Soul Seal Trademarks and copyrighted materials, provided the Reseller complies with this Advertising Policy. Such limited license does not include the right of Resellers to register the Trademarks as or within domain names or to use the marks in Reseller trade names.
Soul Seal further grants to its Resellers a revocable, non-exclusive, non-transferable license, for as long as the Reseller is selling products carrying a Soul Seal Trademarks, to reproduce, distribute, and display Copyrighted materials shall be accompanied, where appropriate attribution identifying Soul Seal as the owner of the Mark and/or Copyrighted materials so used.
The Reseller recognizes that Soul Seal has an exclusive right to all Trademarks used by Soul Seal to identify its products. The Reseller agrees that it will not claim any right, title or interest therein. Nothing herein shall be construed to give Reseller any right, title or interest in Soul Seal Trademarks or copyrighted materials.
For purposes of this Advertising Policy, “advertising” is defined as any advisement, announcement, information, publication or notice given or made by a Reseller in connection with the solicitation of business or sales of the products covered by Soul Seal Advertising Policy in whatever medium is now known or hereafter developed including print, radio, telegram, television, handbill, sign (except signs in the Reseller’s retail store), catalog, letter (including e-mail), electronic media, telecommunication, internet or online auction. For purposes of Internet Sales the entire web site, including the “shopping cart” or similar web site location, will be considered part of the “advertisement” if it can be accessed by links contained on or within the web site.
Any violation of this Policy and/or any apparent unauthorized use of Soul Seal Trademarks or Copyrighted Materials should be reported to Soul Seal.
Soul Seal enjoys its relationship with all of its Resellers and wants to work with each Reseller to assist in helping make the Reseller’s business as successful as possible.
Soul Seal, at its sole discretion and without notice may modify products, prices and its policy.